This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please pitch to the user 'Policy PledgeToPitch' or write to: Policy Administrator, 4 Chapel Street, Kincardine, Fife, FK10 4NF.
IntroductionWe gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide services and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gatherThe information we collect can be divided into 3 sources:
- What you have explicitly agreed for us to use from your Social Network Account:
Id, Name, Keywords, public profile page address, optionally email address
- What you have entered into your profile page:
Keywords, Interests, and other related data to your use of our service.
- Technical information about pages you open, including IP addresses you use, including approximate geolocation.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the services we provide
- To customize the website for you
What we will never do
- If you register an email address with us we will never send you an unsolicited email. PERIOD. You will receive process-related emails only when you request us to do so. We will look for you to confirm on each occasion.
- We will never sell your data
We will never display advertisements
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
We only use short-lived, session Cookies, visible only to us, not to 3rd parties. These cookies are required to handle page flow.
If you instruct your browser to block session cookies you will not be able to use our service.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Controlling information about you
- When you log-in to our service website we update your name from that Social Network account
It is not changeable
- When you opt-out of our service we will disable your account. This will make it easier for you to opt back in at a later point. You may request us to delete your account.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorized disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. Wherever possible we endeavour not to hold Personal Information or to be the Data Controller.
Links from our site
Pitches you receive may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the pledgetopitch.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy. Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.